Sept 17, 2018 – MoreCompetency Inc releases the Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AIA AddOn with support for the National CAD Standard (NCS) 6.0, GSA, DOD (Dept of Defense), and US Army Corps
Current Release 7 Framework for Civil 3D 2018 and 2019 customers can visit the respective download pages and download for free the latest:
Release 8 Layer NCS 6 AIA AddOn
The new Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AIA AddOn is included with Release 7 Jump Kit 2018 and Release 7 Jump Kit 2019 products.
Become a Jump Kit customer today.
The Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AIA AddOn now includes built-in multiple NCS Discipline support.
We included all the NCS 6.0 Discipline specific Layer Standards resources for:
- Civil, Survey, Landscape, Hydro-survey, Geotechnical, Beach, Airport, Flood, Structural and more
- Architecture, Interiors, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hazardous Materials and more
- We even included the resources for some common civil/survey project mashups
That’s right. Out of the box we supply thousands of layers with layer specific properties driven by the Framework’s super-consistent standards rules and Open Keys for the NCS 6.0. No need to reinvent the wheel to get work out the door. You get the customization ability to modify and change any and all of those rules. The Framework for Civil 3D vast Civil 3D Style library can be easily updated to support the new Release 8 Layer Standard.
Layer Standards for More Types of Projects
Do FEMA work and/or Flood Control projects? Beach Rehab? Do you have eyes on an Airfield retrofit and expansion project? Want to bid on DOD or US Army Corps projects? You can perform the work today in Civil 3D with less hassle.
Release 8 Layer Standards NCS 6 AIA AddOn
The Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AIA AddOn supports the classic AIA NCS 6 compliant Layer Standards for utilities.
In other words, the external utilities and infrastructure layers are the same as the AIA building project-based utility layers.
You can even work in the Framework’s NCS compliant layer standards. Many civil survey organizations prefer this common sense approach for external public utility infrastructure system. You can easily post process deliverables into the classic AIA NCS 6 compliant Layer Standards for utilities.
- Easy single script forward and back conversion of Framework utility Layer to AIA utilities and vice versa
- Fully customizable STB and CTB Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools are included
- Easy single command forward and back conversion of the Release 7 NCS 5.0 Layers and Key system to the NCS 6.0 Key system and Layer scheme
- Rename and Reset Rename script resource files are supplied
You can pre-process templates or post-process published digital deliverables in a flash
- Layer Standards files are supplied in the .dwg format for both STB and CTB
These include multiple Layer States to drive user productivity and ease of publication
- Key resources and specifics are supplied for all the NCS 6.0 official Disciplines
This allows for the quicker addition of other NCS Discipline and specialty Layers
- Consistent DOD specific software (DGN-based) Key translations are performed automatically
The automatic Key reversal scripts for these conversions are supplied
Documentation of the converted/affected Keys is supplied in detail
- Many new Production sheets are supplied for all typical NCS Disciplines and automatic screening of discrete Disciplines is fully supported in all Production sheets
- In-depth Layer State creation scripts are supplied for all Production sheets
Multiple scripts are supplied to create your own Layer standards mashups with Layer States
- Full support for either small or large project NCS Layer naming conventions.
(e.g. C- or CG discipline code systems)
This prefix Key functionality can be tuned to produce a departmental layer scheme with next to no effort
- Full support for the published NCS Status or NCS Phase modifiers
- Support for single tilde characters in Key names
- Full interoperability or exchange of templates and drawings for both STB and CTB versions of the Spreadsheet Tools results is maintained.
- Employment and customization of the first 9 basic AutoCAD colors
Specifics to customize particulars for all the ACI colors can be employed if required
- Ability to convert from AutoCAD ACI color scheme to an RGB color schemes for STB
See the Identity Utility and Colors in Civil 3D post for ACI to RGB
- Ability to tweak the new Layer Standard Spreadsheet Tools to support the exact specifications of the entire DOD specification for all Disciplines if required
All the raw layer property definitions from the current DOD specifications are included.
Get The Higher Standard
The Framework for Civil 3D is the higher standard that standards for Civil 3D are built from.
Get the Framework for Civil 3D
Innovation Beyond the Code