Feb 24, 2021 – MoreCompetency Inc releases the Spot Label Style AddOns for Release 8 Framework for Civil 3D 2021 and Civil 3D 2020
MoreCompetency released a major Surface Spot Elevation Label Style Expression Set update for the Release 8 Framework for Civil 3D 2021 and Civil 3D 2020 Jump Kit Style Libraries.
These much-requested Label Style Library improvements support in-depth truncation of Spot Elevation display in multiple Label Style formats.
Thousands of useful Spot Label Style variants are included and work out of the box.
Spot Elevations Labeled Your Way
Jump Kit product customers for Civil 3D 2021 and Civil 3D 2020 for both the NCS 6 and AIA flavors may now download the Spot Label Style AddOn from the respective download pages.
Documentation in PDF format for the Spot Label Style Expression Set resources is included with the Spot Label Style AddOn download packages. Additional on-line, in-depth documentation and customization help is available in the Members section.
What is a Label Style Expression Set?
A collection of Expressions and a managed Label Style library that employs them.
One or more collections of Label Style Expressions that work together in a managed and systematic manner to make the productive use of Label Styles easier for Civil 3D users to employ and customizers to manage in production Templates in both classic Civil 3D Templates and Civil 3D Reference Template forms.
Label Style Expression Set Requirements
The Civil 3D Object Model requires we must maintain separate and different Label Style Expression Sets and Label Style collection resources.
All integration practically requires a Label Style Expressions Set tuned and matched to the Civil 3D Feature and Type of Label Style we want to address.
All of the related resources have consistent naming conventions and Label Style behaviors that can span the many potential Civil 3D Features and span multiple Label Style Types that reference elevation data (for example) and are derived from the standard output of the Civil 3D Feature data behind.
All the supplied Label Style resource Parents and Child Label Styles honor and obey Civil 3D Label Style Defaults, hierarchy rules, and appropriately resolve Label Style Parent component inheritance in Child Styles.
Spot Label Style Expression Set Choice
The Label Style and Expression Set approach is to select from multiple Label Style Library choices exactly what a project demands and still allow for the diverse preference demands of production work, QAQC and design-time display requirements, and multiple published display representations. Each Set of Label Styles selected may differ by purpose and intent.
Spot Label Style AddOn Resources
The Spot Label Style Expression Set resources include in-depth support for Spot Label Styles in multiple graphic representations. The Label Style Expression Set includes uniform support for: multiple levels of Elevation truncations; multiple flavors of Height of automatic adjustments with and without truncation; and multiple flavors for multiple Surfaces via Reference Text Surface assignment with and without truncation.
Spot Label Style Expression Set Details
- None of the new resources overwrite or replace any previously supplied resources
- Parent and Child Label Style resources for Current Layer spot elevations
- Parent and Child Label Style resources for Existing spot elevations
- Parent and Child Label Style resources for Proposed spot elevations
- Parent and Child Label Style resources for NoPlot Layer spot elevations
- Parent and Child Label Style resources for in-line and stacked Label Style formats with and without visible Markers
- Child Label Styles collections for each supplied Parent Label Style employ
the 8 standard forms of rotational representations
in 45-degree increments (0,45,90,135,180,225,270, 315)
- Support for separate automated Height of Curb and Height of Wall adjustments with up to
2 separate resolved adjustments for 4 potential Height Settings in
Up and Down configurations with or without truncation.
- Support for multiple variations of Truncated digits display (includes variable and fixed digits forms)
- Support for Spot elevation display in tenths and standard hundredths precision with or without truncation
- Support for separate Label Style collections with Reference Surface text components
(Half the Rotated Child Styles with Reference Surface components employ modified component arrangement structures to produce consistent readability results.)
- Supplied Parent and Child Label Styles honor Civil 3D Feature and Label Style Type Label Style Defaults, Civil 3D hierarchy rules, and Parent Child component inheritance
- Separate stand-alone +ALWAYS IMPORT Expression Set Truncation and Height of Style resource drawings to more easily allow the construction of customized Label Style resource drawings
- Separate Expression Set documentation in ASCII text files
- Separate example Surface drawings are supplied for testing of custom Style resources drawings
Framework Label Style Expression Set collections assume most customization will include the standard practice of deleting unwanted Parent and/or Child Styles in production and publishing templates.
Spot Label Style Expression Set Details
See the on-line Members >> Documentation and Help >> Labels in Civil 3D section for Label Style Expression Set naming conventions and other details.