Sept 29, 2017 – Autodesk releases the Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2018. 1 Update
The Vehicle Tracking 2018. 1 Update is only available via the Autodesk Desktop app if you have Vehicle Tracking 2018 installed.
Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2018. 1 Update
The install of the update will look for the original Vehicle Tracking 2018 install resources.
Civil 3D Object Model Changes
The update includes object model updates to Vehicle Tracking objects and Civil 3D Roundabouts.
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update should probably be installed first.
AutoCAD Map 2018 Hotfix
AutoCAD Map 2018 Hotfix 1 should be installed to avoid the issue of grip editing in Vehicle Tracking sometimes produce unpredictable results. This hotfix repairs an issue not addressed in the Map 3D 2018.0.1 Update.
Here is a link to more information about the issue and the hotfix download:
AutoCAD Map 2018 Hotfix 1.
Vehicle Tracking 2018.1 Enhancements
- Confusing Entry/Exit prefix for some design check warnings on roundabouts were removed where the value being checked applied to both sides of the approach.
Deflection Min and Max Values
- Fixed an issue where the deflection min and max values in the Properties dialog are not the values defined in the Standards dialog.
Dialog Box Resizing
- Vehicle library, parking and junction explorers now have minimum sizes applied when resizing.
Drawing Unit Settings from Civil 3D
- Drawing units settings are disabled when you have opted to get the values from the active Civil 3D drawing.
Get Units and Driving Side of the Road Settings
- The option to get units and driving side of road from the drawing has been added to the start up dialog box and the Settings Wizard.
Grip Size and Tooltip Options
- Removed confusing grip size and tooltip options from System Settings.
Lane Separator Road Markings
- Lane separator road markings have been added to slip lanes.
Make Default Button
- Removed the need to use the Make Default button when changing options that only take effect at start up.
Offset Road Markings
- Fixed an issue that caused offset road markings to be offset on the wrong side on the exit side of approach roads.
Parking Tools Enhancement
- Parking tools have improved messages when selecting an unsuitable entity (like a circle) to create a parallel row of bays from.
- Reduced the likelihood of Arms failing due to unusual geometry on the selected road alignment.
- Improved the roundabout corridor and update performance in Civil 3D.
Crossfall at Blend Point
- Roundabout approach roads can now have their crossfall at the blend point taken into account when calculating curb line elevations.
- Roundabout crossfall diagrams in Roundabout Properties and Standard Editor pages now show profile details of the line crossfall region being defined.
Crosswalk Warning Symbols
- Roundabout Crosswalk angular values that are Out of range now have warning symbols.
- Roundabout curb calculation can handle more abnormal geometric conditions when adjusting the change in offset from the edge of travel way with the road flaring.
Curb Flare Length
- The roundabout curb flare length has been changed from a fixed length to a ratio based on the change in offset from the edge of travel way.
- Removed the confusing Exit/Entry label on the design checks for roundabouts that applied to the adjusted alignment of the arm.
Explode to 2D Polylines
- Exploding roundabouts now creates optimized 2D polylines.
- Improved the odd geometry of Roundabouts when dragging the blend and deviation point. The issue was caused by cut down calculation to increase speed and usability when dragging.
Heads Up Display
- The Roundabout Heads Up Display (HUD) has improved default positioning when the approach has a slip lane.
Previous Version Drawings and Roundabout Corridors
- Previous version drawings with roundabout corridors using not simple assemblies now open with the new Curb and Cut and Fill baseline enabled.
Rumble and Speed Striping Dimensions
- Rumble and speed striping dimensions are now shown along the curved line and not as a line of site value.
Moved the location of roundabout sign warnings in design check so they are under the relevant arm.
- Roundabout slip lanes have been enhanced to show errors when the geometry forced the lane to enter the ICD area of the roundel.
- Roundabout slip lanes now have in-canvas editing grips.
- Roundabout slip lanes now have alignments and profiles for their edge of travel way lines.
- Roundabout slip lanes in AutoCAD Civil 3D now create and maintain alignment profiles for the inside edge of travel-way of slip lanes.
- Roundabout slip lanes now detect issues caused by very large slip lane island widths.
- Roundabout standards now support custom definitions for slip lane road markings.
- Roundabout slip lanes now have better warnings placed in the drawing when certain geometric layout issues prevent slip lanes from being calculated.
- ETW road markings have been added to slip lanes.
- Improved warnings when a slip lane was forced to enter the area used by the road lanes due to incorrect geometric layout.
Standard Pool Renaming
- You can now rename and edit the roundabout standard pool before saving it as a new library.
Stockdale Crown Line Elevations
- Improved stockdale crown line elevations on the Civil 3D Corridor.
Vertical Analysis Path Warnings
- On Vertical Analysis paths, the grounding warnings now display in design check.
Vehicle Tracking 2018.1 Fixes
See the readme for details
Read the Readme