This August has been busy and sometimes downright hectic. Funny thing is, I don’t feel like I accomplished much which is really silly. It must be a post-Olympic hangover. Too much highly visible amazing personal and team achievement followed too many endless ads from the same corporations can do that to you. No single TV network should ever be allowed to do the Olympics again.
If the tiny nation of Fiji can win an Olympic Gold, anything is possible. I shouldn’t feel so bad. After the usual rasher of Autodesk summer Service Packs we produced new builds of Release 7 of the Framework for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 and 2016 and did that in no time. It is a matter of focus.
You probably also noticed that I’ve been discovered talking to the wall again. This seems to be something surviving AutoCAD Civil 3D experts are now required to do. There is an august plethora of new videos on the website. I always wanted to use the phrase “august plethora” in a blog post. A lots of gold thing. Now I got that writer-craft thing is done. I can check it off my bucket list (grin). I already hiked over My Whitney the wrong way in bare feet and shorts just to do it. I admit that was in another more extreme lifetime. Trust me. It still counts.
Serious Civil 3D Content
A brief summary of August's website additions and updates:
- New product builds for all products for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017
- New Framework Previews videos page
- Updated many more Overview Videos for Release 7
- New Install Videos and updates to the Installation Video pages for Release 7 in Windows 10
- Updated Framework for Release 7 install docs now available on product download pages
- Additions to the Book of Alignments - see Civil 3D Alignments in Documentation and Help
- Many Video additions to the Civil Training on the Web video training section
- Added a new Civil 3D Basics section to Civil Training on the Web
- Added a new Civil 3D Exports section to Documentation and Help
- Added links to in-depth Civil 3D video traininng courses on the web
- Website security updates
Get access to more free AutoCAD Civil 3D Help and Training.
We do spend time gathering resources from around the web so you don't have to.
We aim to be a one stop shop.
A vertiable Autodesk Civil mini-mart for civil engineers and surveyors.
Sorry. We can't pump your gas.
But like Hans and Franz we can pump you up.
Recent Featured Video Training
Autodesk's Jerry Bartels explains how to quickly convert Point files from one format to another with the Transfer Points tool in Civil 3D Selection Mode.
From the Jerry's YouTube Channel.
and the Civil Immersion blog.
Where exactly did Autodesk put this command in the Ribbons? Think of it as Output.
Civil expert Ken Driscol from Applied Software Technology offers tips, tricks, and best practices for for Corridor Modeling in Civil 3D.
From the Applied Software Technology YouTube Channel.
and the Applied Software Technology website.
A basic walk-through of common Civil 3D Corridor mechanics.
The Applied Software YouTude channel also offers shorter videos pulled from this webinar.