An update to the CAD Layer Standards for any organization is normally not an exciting prospect. We can change that. One of the principal goals of the Framework for Civil 3D is to make Civil 3D standards nuance and detail as easy as possible to pull off.
This is no small order when the everyday civil engineering and survey project works extends across a huge range of kinds of projects all with different levels of complexity and level of detail. These days collaboration with other design professional disciplines becomes even more mission critical.
Easy here means:
- Make the Layer Standards changes up to date with the latest versions of published national/international standards
- Make the new system easy to implement and user friendly
- Make the new system easy to apply to on-going projects
- Make the Layer Standards system adaptable, flexible, and robust
Release 8 Layers Standards for Civil 3D
Our latest Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn supports NCS 6, GSA, and now includes added DOD (Department of Defense) and US Army Corps layer standards support. All these standards are delivered for both STB and CTB.
Can your Civil 3D templates, Civil 3D Styles, and other missions critical resources for Civil 3D do that?
The Framework for Civil 3D’s robust, adaptive, and flexible approach to CAD Layer Standards in Civil 3D allows our customers to meet the demanding requirements in more projects, more jurisdictions, and for more diverse clients with less work, improved ease of use, and better publication capabilities.
The managed system of the Framework for Civil 3D is better…
More Robust and More Flexible
Employ any release of Civil 3D with the Framework for Civil 3D in your production environment today. You can immediately reap the rewards of updated, robust, adaptive, and flexible Layer Standards.
Get the Competitive Advantage for Civil 3D
The new Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn is included with Release 7 Jump Kit 2018 and Release 7 Jump Kit 2019 products.
Current Release 7 Framework for Civil 3D 2018 and 2019 customers can visit the respective download pages and download for free the latest:
- Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn
The Release 8 NCS 6 AddOn includes more new features and many more managed capabilities than even our existing powerful Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools and resources.
The Release 8 Layers AddOn now includes built-in multiple NCS Discipline support.
We included all the NCS 6.0 Discipline specific Layer Standards resources for:
- Civil, Survey, Landscape, Hydro-survey, Geotechnical, Beach, Airport, Flood, Structural and more
- Architecture, Interiors, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hazardous Materials and more
- We even included the resources for some common civil/survey project mashups
Thousands of layers with layer specific properties driven by the Framework’s super-consistent standards rules and Open Keys for the NCS 6.0 are simply built-in. No need to reinvent the wheel to get work out the door. You get the ability to customize any and all of those rules in a pinch.
This is the Framework for Civil 3D innovative difference. The Framework’s power to…
Work the Same Publish On Demand
The new Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn now includes automatic screening of layers via Layer States based on choices of NCS Disciplines. Whether you choose to publish a screened version of any Discipline layer set is fully customizable and easy to execute with the supplied Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools for both STB and CTB.
For example: You want design Civil and Landscape layers not to be screened but want Survey, Geotechnical, and Hazardous Materials layers to be screened. On the existing conditions side - the reverse is automatically assigned with all the necessary publication mechanics managed by rule or exceptions in either STB or CTB publishing environments.
The Framework’ built in Layer States make this an easy single click solution in Civil 3D production environments.
Layer Standards for More Types of Projects
Do FEMA work and/or Flood Control projects? Beach Rehab? Do you have eyes on an Airfield retrofit and expansion project? Want to bid on DOD or US Army Corps projects? You can perform the work today in Civil 3D with less hassle.
Affordable workday productivity coupled with more potential work. Imagine that.
Release 8 Layer Standards NCS 6 AddOn
The Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn supports the popular and fully NCS 6 compliant Layer Standards for utilities in previous versions of the Framework for Civil 3D.
In other words, the external utilities and infrastructure layers are intentionally separate from the AIA project-based utility layers.
Many civil survey organizations prefer this common sense approach for utility infrastructure.
- Fully customizable STB and CTB Layer Standards Spreadsheet Tools are included
- Easy single command forward and back conversion of the Release 7 NCS 5.0 Layers and Key system to the NCS 6.0 Key system and Layer scheme
- Rename and Reset Rename script resource files are supplied
You can pre-process templates or post-process published digital deliverables in a flash
- Layer Standards files are supplied in the .dwg format for both STB and CTB
These include multiple Layer States to drive user productivity and ease of publication
- Key resources and specifics are supplied for all the NCS 6.0 official Disciplines
This allows for the quicker addition of other NCS Discipline and specialty Layers
- Consistent DOD specific software (DGN-based) Key translations are performed automatically
The automatic Key reversal scripts for these conversions are supplied
Documentation of the converted/affected Keys is supplied in detail
- Many new Production sheets are supplied for all typical NCS Disciplines and automatic screening of discrete Disciplines is fully supported in all production sheets
- In-depth Layer State creation scripts are supplied for all Production sheets
Multiple scripts are supplied to create your own Layer standards mashups with Layer States
- Full support for either small or large project NCS Layer naming conventions.
(e.g. C- or CG discipline code systems)
This functionality can be tuned to produce a departmental layer scheme with next to no effort
- Full support for the published NCS Status or NCS Phase modifiers
- Support for single tilde characters in Key names
- Full interoperability or exchange of templates and drawings for both STB and CTB versions of the Spreadsheet Tools results is maintained.
- Employment and customization of the first 9 basic AutoCAD colors
Specifics to customize particulars for all the ACI colors can be employed if required
- Ability to convert from AutoCAD ACI color scheme to an RGB color schemes for STB
See the Identity Utility and Colors in Civil 3D post for ACI to RGB
- Ability to tweak the new Layer Standard Spreadsheet Tools to support the exact specifications of the entire DOD specification for all Disciplines if required
All the raw layer property definitions from the current DOD specifications are included.
The complementary Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AIA AddOn will be released soon.
The upcoming AIA AddOn allows you to employ the classic NCS AIA utility layers for large and small projects.
- Easy single command forward and back conversion of the Release 7 NCS 5.0 Utilities Layers and Key system to the classic AIA Utilities NCS 6.0 Key system and Layer scheme
- All the above capabilities of the Release 8 Layers NCS 6 AddOn are included
- Note that ACI to RGB conversion is not supported in CTB
There’s no need to wait. The Framework for Civil 3D already includes and supports the basics of the AIA utilities conversion. Who knew? We will just raise the bar higher the before.
We can say the words Awesome and Affordable together when we talk about the Framework for Civil 3D. Let’s face it. The largest, in-depth, and best maintained Civil 3D Style Library for many releases of AutoCAD Civil 3D isn’t something to ignore.
Put your money and time where the work is…
Get the Framework for Civil 3D
Innovation Beyond the Code