The Framework for AutoCAD Civil 3D is
Simple, Fast and Easy to Get Working!
- Manually install the Instant On desktop's Working Model templates and key resource files.
(How to do that is included in the installation instructions)
- Replace the title block graphics in one of the supplied Sheet Templates
(Hint: You will also want to relocate the position of the Sheet Set Manager fields)
- Optionally assign NCS linetypes to the NCS Layer and Save the included Layer States
- Design - these Layer States set up the colors, lineweight, plotstyle and YOUR linetypes for proposed work
- Survey - these Layer States set up the above for existing conditions
- Supplied Layer Standards (.dws) files contain copies of the default Layer States
- (Hint: You can do this while you work - just remember to update the Layer States)
- Optionally you can also add your organization's custom ACAD textstyles and assign them to the appropriate Civil 3D Feature Label Styles where they would apply. (e.g. Parcel Area labels)
(Hint: In the template use the Label Style Defaults at the appropriate level in the Civil 3D Toolspace)
Remember you have a copy of all the Styles. Deleting the Styles you do not need to publish is the fast way to get to a publishing template. Task based working templates can be achieved quickly with the same simple method. Obey the Simple Style Rules and store edited Styles separately and upgrades will be a snap.