Civil 3D Video Training
A curated library of the best Civil 3D and Infraworks Training Videos
- See the new AEC Webinars page.
See the page for up-coming Civil webinar signups.
- The new Civil Engineering Community Virtual MeetUps page.
See the page for up-coming webinar signups.
- Visit the Civil Engineering Community Virtual MeetUps Playlist
- See the Infrastrucure Reimagined page and blogs
- Free Autodesk Civil 3D Certification Exam Courseware
- Autodesk University Online 2020
- Recent Civil 3D Autodesk Knowledge Network Screencast Videos
You can change the release reference (2022) in the link above to see and play the videos for Civil 3D 2021-2018.
Access to product Install videos requires that you are logged in.
Access to some site video collections require a free site membership and login.
See the Members>>Documentation and Help section for in-depth help for AutoCAD Civil 3D.
What Videos to watch first?
Every video has a brief summary of the contents on the page
- Framework Preview videos provide a quick peek into the Framework
- If you are new customer, watch the Install videos - you must login.
- The updated Overview Videos cover what is in the packages and how to use them
- The Blog Videos are video blog posts on a variety of topics
New videos are added frequently.
- Civil Training on the Web lists selected video training from others with comments.
These include important Autodesk product series of videos from published lists.
- The Civil 3D Projects and Setup videos cover the ways to employ
Data Shortcuts and Data References - How Projects work in Civil 3D
- Civil 3D Setup Checklists videos cover the details and mechanics of Civil 3D Setup
- Description Key Sets cover point display and customization
- In-depth Civil 3D training course listings cover vital production topics.
See the Plan Publication and the plan and profile Deliverables courses.
Does the video content for one release still apply?
Framework products run in multiple releases of Autodesk Civil 3D.
An Autodesk Civil 3D release may differ in some nuanced areas but the fundamentals and process mechanics that Civil 3D employs do not change much by design.
Recent or Select Videos
See the Site Video Index page for videos listed by category
DWF Publication Mechanics
The Essentials of DWF Publication of Civil 3D Shared Project Data
A video demo review of DWF publication mechanics.
This is an in-depth walkthrough of Intelligent Publish on Demand methods when employed along with DWF publication mechanics.
Important tools in Civil 3D and DWF publication nuances are covered here with the emphasis on building standard forms of managed production output.
Basic Spot Label Style Expression Set Rewards
The Basic Spot Label Style Rewards from Shared Project Data.
A video demo review of basic rewards available from the Framework for Civil 3D Spot Label Style Expression Set.
This is an in-depth annotative demo of Site Grading with Corridors Civil 3D. How the Surface we need to document is created is not particularly important.
How we produce, maintain, and manage the Contour and Spot Labels is important in practice.
Lots of important tools in Civil 3D are covered here including how Project Explorer helps get work done and the very useful Style Replace Tool.