Autodesk Civil Training on the Web
Useful Civil Training Videos from YouTube and elsewhere
Framework for Civil 3D Training
Become a Site Member
Free Curated Civil 3D Training
- See the new AEC Webinars page.
See the page for up-coming Civil webinar signups.
- The new Civil Engineering Community Virtual MeetUps page.
See the page for up-coming webinar signups.
- Visit the Civil Engineering Community Virtual MeetUps Playlist
- See the Infrastrucure Reimagined page and blogs
- Free Autodesk Civil 3D Certification Exam Courseware
- Autodesk University Online 2021
- Recent Civil 3D Autodesk Knowledge Network Screencast Videos
You can change the release reference (2022) in the link above to see and play the videos for Civil 3D 2021-2018.
Access to some site video collections require a free site membership and login.
See the Members>>Documentation and Help section for in-depth help for Autodesk Civil 3D.
Links to the original postings, recordings, lists, and/or channels are supplied. Please visit the links.
Often comments are included to help identify key issues that are included in the recordings, lists, etc..
- Videos are intentionally not necessarily listed by recording date.
- If you believe a video, list, or channel should be included here,
please submit a link to the email address below.
- All things change. If you find a broken link here, please let us know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Featured Video Training
Popular Transparent Commands in Civil 3D
Yvonne Russo, a Technical Specialist at ATG, delivers a quick review of popular and common Transparent commands employed inside Civil 3D.
From the ATG YouTube Channel.
Somewhat surprized that the often employed 'SO (Station and Offset) Transparent command doesn't get a shout out here, but now we know.
Hatch with Background Color in a Corridor
This nifty stacked Code Set Style trick works with any subassembly that includes multiple stacked Link codes assigned in the Subassembly.
It is also possible to employ levels of screened printing to both the hatch and the background fill in both STB and CTB with some planning.
Remember that Civil 3D includes the important Generic Pavement Structure (GPS) subassemblies which allow us the considerable liberty to assign custom Code names and other details inside the sub.
The link to Jeff's earlier series of videos on Corridor Code Set Style Hatches
Point Cloud to InfraWorks to Civil 3D
Anro Human, an Applications Enginer at Modena Design Solutions, reviews and demos the basics of a Point Cloud Scan to ReCap Pro to Infraworks to Civil 3D workflow to build as built or existing surface models.
See the Modena Design Solutions YouTube Channel.
This webinar is a decent 30 minute general overview of the detailed processes involved in the workflow. Good questions are asked and answered too.