Autodesk Civil Training on the Web
Useful Civil Training Videos from YouTube and elsewhere
See the new AEC Webinars page. See the page for up-coming Civil webinar signups.
The new Civil Engineering Community Virtual MeetUps page. See the page for up-coming webinar signups.
See the old Civil Engineering Community Center
Free Autodesk Civil 3D Certification Exam Courseware
Autodesk University Online 2019
You can change the release reference (2021) in the link above to see and play the videos for Civil 3D 2020-2018.
Access to some site video collections require a free site membership and login.
See the Members>>Documentation and Help section for in-depth help for AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Links to the original postings, recordings, lists, and/or channels are supplied. Please visit the links.
Often our comments are included to help identify key issues that are included in the recordings, lists, etc..
- Videos are intentionally not necessarily listed by recording date.
- If you believe a video, list, or channel should be included here,
please submit a link to the email address below.
- All things change. If you find a broken link here, please let us know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Featured Video Training
See the Web Video Index page for videos listed by category. A website Search by author name works well.
The Dan Sarah and Dave 2018 Show
Civil 3D and Infraworks 2018 Release Webinar
- 08:00 - Dan on Civil Products
- 11:28 - Sarah on Infraworks and Actual Customer Usage
- 18:00 - Infraworks Roadmap and Inventor Parametric Replaceable Parts
- 24:40 - Infraworks Roadway Modeling equals Better User Feedback
- 26:47 - Material Quantities Improvements with Custom Views and CSV Export
- 28:53 - Infraworks Usability Upgrades
- 30:16 - Simpilified Trees and Performance
- 32:15 - What's Next for Infraworks
- 37:38 - Dave on Civil 3D 2018
- 40:50 - Improvements Summary
- 43:14 - Feature Lines
- 44:17 - Offset Profiles
- 45:28 - Connected Alignments
- 46:35 - Multiple Dynamic Baselines for Corridors
- 48:16 - Section View Buffers
- 49:50 - Multiple Plan and Profile Viewports on a Layout
- 50:42 - Improvements to Collaboration and Interoperability
- 54:20 - What's Next for Civil 3D
How Relative Feature Lines Work
Relative Feature Lines in Site Grading
Jeff Bartels of Autodesk explains the basic mechanics of Surface Relative Feature Lines in Civil 3D 2018 in one video
and delivers a demo of Feature Line usage in a parking lot grading senario in a second.
From the Jeff Bartels YouTube Channel.
and the Civil Imersion blog.
Note the workflow that includes an intermediate temporary surface, Feature Lines, and Corridors based on Feature Line Baselines.
If you are going to do this in a real project, you probably want to employ a structure of DREF Features to better manage the end results.
What’s New Videos for Infraworks 2018.0
The What’s New in Infraworks 2018 Playlist
You can play any of the 8 videos in the playlist by clicking the playlist icon in the control.
If some of these look sort of familiar, they are. Most do represent further improvements to the final 2017.3 release from January 2017.