Autodesk Civil Training on the Web
Useful Civil Training Videos from YouTube and elsewhere
- See the new AEC Webinars page.
See the page for up-coming Civil webinar signups.
- The new Civil Engineering Community Virtual MeetUps page.
See the page for up-coming webinar signups.
- Visit the Civil Engineering Community Virtual MeetUps Playlist
- See the Infrastrucure Reimagined page and blogs
- Free Autodesk Civil 3D Certification Exam Courseware
- Autodesk University Online 2020
- Recent Civil 3D Autodesk Knowledge Network Screencast Videos
You can change the release reference (2021) in the link above to see and play the videos for Civil 3D 2020-2018.
Access to some site video collections require a free site membership and login.
See the Members>>Documentation and Help section for in-depth help for AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Links to the original postings, recordings, lists, and/or channels are supplied. Please visit the links.
Often comments are included to help identify key issues that are included in the recordings, lists, etc..
- Videos are intentionally not necessarily listed by recording date.
- If you believe a video, list, or channel should be included here,
please submit a link to the email address below.
- All things change. If you find a broken link here, please let us know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Featured Video Training
See the Web Video Index page for videos listed by category.
A website Search by Author name works well to return videos for your favorite experts.
Fast Civil 3D Style Changes with Dynamo
Nick Turner with MG AEC Technology Partners reviews a Dynamo script to automate Style updates or changes with Dynamo for Civil 3D.
From the MG AEC Technology Partners Channel on YouTube
Nick covers a great example of Style automation tools that are possible in Dynamo for a common maintenance problems in Civil 3D.
In practice we would probably want to do this from external match list files which Dynamo could also help you produce.
Be aware that Dynamo and the Civil3DToolkit package will get you to what is currently exposed in the Civil 3D API.
Sadly, a bit of .Net to Python code translation may be required to get to every potential Civil 3D Style nuance.
An Intro to Dynamo for Civil 3D
Samir covers the essentials and basics of Dynamo for Civil 3D pretty well in less than an hour.
After a presentation on Dynamo essentials, he delivers a detailed demo of a basic DYN script creation.