Objects by Region in Dynamo for Civil 3D
Ben Wardell of Autodesk walks through the details of how to modify an existing Dynamo for Civil 3D 2020 example script to add guardrail details to a corridor.
In this case the script adds 3D Blocks and generates a 3D solids to represent the guardrail details.
From the Autodesk Infrastructure Channel Videos.
Technically, the guardrails are not added by Region but by the Marked Point Codes applied to the Assemblies assigned to Regions on the Baseline.
The generation of the Polycurve by the Code Block is worth paying careful attention to. This then generates a lofted surface and the 3D solid railing. Could you use an external file and a Code Block?
Videos in this series
- Highways and Dynamo in Civil 3D
- Getting Started in Dynamo for Civil 3D
- Objects on a Corridor in Dynamo for Civil 3D
- Use External File Data in Dynamo for Civil 3D
- Custom Wall in Dynamo for Civil 3D
- Objects by Region in Dynamo for Civil 3D