The Linetype Resources in InstantOn
Overviews of the NCS and other CAD Standards Linetype resources and tools provided with InstantOn Desktop and other Framework for Civil 3D products.
Reviews Release 8 and Release 7 for NCS 6.0 and NCS 5.0
Reviews Release 7-6 for NCS 4.0 and NCS 5.0
Updated linetype resources are supplied in the Release 7 InstantOn package download.
A Linetype AddOn is available for Release 6 and below. The update details are listed here.
Important Linetype Details
- Example Linetype drawings are provided in the desktop package download.
- NCS linetypes included employ civil units 0.1 height for text not 0.125 by default
Search and replace in the linetype file may easily change this.
- Prototype linetypes for single, double, and triple character linetype are provided at the bottom of all supplied .LIN files.
- Text-based Linetypes include references to Existing and Proposed textstyles.
You will receive linetype load errors if these two default textstyles are not present in the drawing or template.
- InstantOn templates intentionally do not include linetype references which should be employed in publishing templates whenever possible.
Search blog posts on "Linetype" for detailed explanations and customization help.
Alignment Group Label Styles
Both InstantOn and Jump Kit Style libraries include multiple Alignment Labels Styles that can completely replace many traditional linetypes with either or both text and symbols.